The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.




posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009
Update!
The new owners of my current house came today with the contractor. So I'd to eat my lunch in the kitchen, something I dislike very much to do. I never liked dinin' in the kitchen. But today, today was different. Today I looked outta the kitchen door to the balcony and realised that I really like this view, for some strange reason or another. Maybe it's coz I know that I won't be seein' it again next month.

I told Mum that as I witness shelves and shelves of things get removed, I feel pockets and pockets of my heart being emptied out into some kinda abyss.

While openin' the door for Shane after tuition last week, he saw me starin' at this empty shelf. "I think you're gonna miss this house, right?" said Shane. I turned to face him but found that I couldn't ans him.

One of Man's follies is to wanna cherish something only after it has been gone from his possession. He swears that he'll treasure the other things he owns in the future but often that doesn't last long enough and he starts to take 'em for granted again. Ohwells.



Ok yes, I finally have the time and energy to update a lil'.

Think nightstudy's slowly takin' its toll on me.. I seem to wake up later and later every morning, and I feel like I haven't slept in centuries after I wake up.. On Thur I woke up supremely late - a whoppin' 7am! That's like the time my usual bus leaves for PIE. The night before, I made a mental note to make a call but before I knew it, it was like the next morning?! The last thing I rmbed hearin' was:

Quote
Kou: Qiao Yi do you need the toilet?
Me: No...........................ZZZzzzzzzz

Yeah. So anyways, what happened on thur, let's see..

Quote
Mum: Qiao Yi, it's 7 o'clock now!
Me: Oh fr--..

I dunno wth but apparently the first thing I blurted out to her was: Today got chem SPA.

Mum: What time is your chem spa?!
Me: 3pm

Think coz the louddd awakenin' tot in my head was: PON SCHHHH. So maybe that's why I was tellin' myself that I'd chem spa on that day so I couldn't pon sch. But Mum tot I meant I had chem spa at 3 so I dun have to go to sch at 7. o_O

Chem SPA was alright I guess.. better than I'd expected.. So was PT (physical trainin'). PT to me was slacker than usual, but the ab-trainin' was a friggin' painful processs. Have been runnin' alot, and learnin' to shoot a few hoops but I've totally forgotten that my abs needed conditionin' too. When we were all strugglin' with those exercises, Miss Lim said, "This exercise will help you get a firmer butt." I was ZOMG IMMA SOOO DO IT 20 TIMES A DAY, EVERY DAYYY.

Speakin' of hoops, I'm very slowly but surely beginnin' to enjoy basketball! I've never liked to play it coz I suck at ball-throwin' and ball-interceptin'. The way I like to describe myself playin' it is "move abit, sun-tan; move a bit, sun-tan". But well Shifu and the bunch of T30 bball fanatics found it unacceptable and gave me lotsa chances to practise it. Full-court games are sooo tirin' but really fun! Really get the adrenaline rush when runnin' to and fro for the ball. Fine, so it's still back to lovin' the runnin' part. So many ppl have called me a freak for likin' runnin' alone. But thank goodness I've me runnin' buddies Elise, Germs and Josh!!

Quote
Me: Why can't we just play softball?! Pleaseee?!
Shifu: Dun want lah, play bball lah!
Elton: Aiyoh softball 这种 AhMa 游戏只有 AhMa 才玩的!
Me: =__=

I realised that SD (student devt aka civics) classes are pretty interestin' when you've Mr B as your civics tutor. Rather than just read off the slides, he'll always ask for our opinions and share with us so many wonderful things from the net or from his experiences.

Quote
Mr B: The success of a country is determined by how it treats its poorest ppl.

Peiyi pointed out this AWESOME pic on the Seventeen mag to me the other day.
Py: Isn't this the belt that was on your wishlist for like dunno dunno dunno how long ago?

I couldn't ans her immediately coz my jaw was still dropped after seein' the $188 price label.

On the same page, she said she likes this other sash thingy that costs $39.90.

Quote
Py: Let's play a game!
Me: What game?
Py: Let's see who can save up first to their dream belt!
Me: =__=
Py: xDD
Me: And if I actually save first?!

I mean like, 188 bucks for a friggin' belt is such a no-go mann..

Finally uploaded some pics, so shall post a few now!

Have you seen the inside of a drinks-vendin' machine before?
Something that Mary Ann did for me(: [rotate the pic 180 degrees and look at it again!]
and for Vicki:
When you're down, you know you can always count on a nice cuppa hazelnut milk tea!Or some Japanese hardcandy(: Right, Tommy? xD

Ran outta things to blog abt for now. Will update again when I can!

Quotes Of The Week, baby:

Nad: I passed my chem!! ;DD
Me: Waa Nadiah ar, dark horse ar? xD
Quin: Yeah loh, dark horse!
Ter: Huh what dark horse? 黑马奖 ar?
Quin: It's 金马奖 lah, NOT 黑马奖!
Ter: OH. Coz the prize is a black horse lah, then I was confused.
Me + Quin: HAHAHAHA!!

Ter: How can one coordinate 3 split personalities at once?
Me: That depends on what the split personalities are.
Ter: How abt the horse, chicken and aristocrat?
Me: o_O *pauses* We'll get back to you on that..
Ter: Okay!